2021 Registration is CLOSED!
Registration is closed, registration will open for the 2022 season in March 2022. The 2021 rates are listed below. Minimum swimmer requirements are also summarized below. When registration is open, if you are on a mobile device, scroll to the bottom of the page to find the black Register Now bar. On a desktop, the Register Now bar is to your right.
2021 Season Updates
That's a wrap on 2021, Piranhas! See you in 2022. Previous communications regarding specific updates for the 2021 season may be found in the About tab under News. Below are highlights:
- To Volunteer: Shifts open at 7am on Sundays. Go to About, Signup Calendar. Do not RSVP, use the Job Signup. Meet volunteers need to check in with volunteer coordinators 15 minutes prior to shift start.
- Try the swimtopia app. You can see meet entries, results and event in the pool during the meet.
- Get your volunteer hours in. 6 to 7 total shifts will be needed. Five shifts will be regular season, one shift will be special event/post season (prelims/league/state/KCI/Gator). If you have not turned in your deposit, please do so.
- We need a Starter Apprentice! The best starter in the league will train a new starter for PCST this season. The apprenticeship will count towards all volunteer shifts. Contact Megan with interest at email@example.com.
- Jefferson County will have its own dial authority and it is anticipated we may register swimmers at normal capacity. We will be following all state/local/pool health regulations. Remember, please do not send swimmers to practice or meets who may not be feeling well or are in quarantine.
- Normandy Pool, our host pool, has made restrooms available for our kids for bathroom use, only. Locker rooms will not be open for changing. Swimmers will come dressed to swim and leave with suits on.
- Parents/Caretakers will not be permitted in the pool area during practice. Adults are welcome to wait outside the pool grounds. Practice times have been updated and are summarized below and on the Practices tab.
- Pool membership discounts are available to registered swimmer families. Contact Peggy Merrill firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.995.8872
- Remember kick boards are required this year. You may choose any appropriate board for your swimmer.
Registration Fees: The fee structure for the 2021 season is outlined below.
|2 Swimmers (Same Family)||$385|
|3 or more Swimmers (Same Family)||$465||+$50 after 5/25|
The Platte Canyon Piranhas Swim Team is one of six teams in the South Jeffco Swim League, along with Governor’s Ranch (GvR) Gators, Grant Ranch (GR) Barracudas, Ken Caryl (KC) Lightning, Woodbourne (WW) Wave, and Bear Creek (BC) Bears, all in the southwest suburbs.
The South Jeffco Swim League is one of four leagues plus independent teams belonging to the Colorado State Summer Club Swimming Association.
The other three swim leagues are Rocky Mountain Country Club, Foothills, and Metro Swim League.
The association is governed by a set of by‐laws established by its board of directors in conjunction with the United States Swimming rules. Each team is expected to follow these by‐laws to ensure fairness to all participants.
PCST rents the pool from the Normandy Estates Metropolitan Recreation District, NEMRD. It is a wonderful pool to use for meets and practice. Discount memberships are available for paid swim team members.
2021 Quick Information!
PCST Calendar 2021 (Draft - Subject To Change)
- May 23: Last day to register, Volunteer Deposits Due
- June 1: First day of morning practice
- June 1: Team Get Together at Pool Field (5:30-7:00pm) Food Truck!
- June 5: PCST @ Grant Ranch
- June 12: KC @ PCST
- June 19: GvR @ PCST
- June 21: Photos
- June 23: Gator Open (VIRTUAL)
- June 25, 26: Ken Caryl Invite (must qualify for this meet)
- June 30: Virtual Meet BC during morning practice
- July 1: Mile Swim
- July 2: No practice, holiday
- July 3: Holiday Bye Week, no meet
- July 5: No practice, holiday
- July 10: PCST @ Woodbourne
- July 16: League Prelims
- July 17: League Championships @ GvR
- July 23-25: State Meet
- July 26: End of Season Celebration
Swim team is designed for swimmers who have already been through swim lessons. In order to participate in PCST, the following minimum ability requirements must be met.
- Swimmers 8 and under: An 8 and under swimmer is required to swim 1 length (25m) without stopping or assistance.
- Swimmers 9 and up: A 9 and up swimmer is required to swim 2 lengths (50m) without stopping and or assistance.
Coaches will work with swimmers to improve technique, endurance and speed of all 4 competitive strokes endurance. It is desirable that swimmers have knowledge of the strokes as practice time may not be enough time to learn a new stroke.
Practice Times (subject to change for 2021)
This is a condensed practice schedule. Please refer to the Practices tab for more specifics including arrival time and land training. **Please note practice times are based on age and ability and may change for individual swimmers. If there is a question about which practice your swimmer(s) should attend, please discuss with Coach Frankie directly.
Practice 1: Age: 12 and older (swimmers who attend this practice are strong and experienced swimmers, can swim all 4 strokes well and can hold interval set times. Practice is based on competing in 100 meter races). 6:20-7:40 am.
Practice 2: Age: 9 to 12 year olds (swimmers who attend this practice can swim all 4 strokes, dive and do flip turns but may need direction in improvement of stroke/dive/turns. Practice is based on competing in 50 meter races). 7:35-8:40am
Practice 3: Age: 8 and under (swimmers are able to swim a lap and can do 2 strokes, working towards dives and turns. Practice is based on competing in 25 meter races.). 8:35-9:30am